Forum > Topic Details

IP Location incorrect

IP Location incorrect

by Robert Paige (Posts: 0) » about 5 years ago

2 of the geolocation datapoints are showing that my IP address is in  San Antonio, TX while the third is showing Lewisville, TX.   

My current location is in Lewisville, TX and need to have all ip addresses to reflect that so that information.    

my IP address is 72.191.193.222

(5) Answer(s)

by IP Location (Posts: 30) » about 5 years ago

The IP based geolocation map is not always precise. A pool of IPs from each ISPs are shared amongst users from multiple cities, and the IPs are randomly assigned to users on an availability basis. Different IP-to-location data providers do their best to provide accurate information, but the nature of the mapping causes the data to be less accurate.

by Joe Thuente (Posts: 1) » about 4 years ago

One location is saying I am in Naperville, Illinois and the other three are saying I am in Albuquerque NM.  I am in Albuquerque NM but MLB.TV is blacking out baseball games in the Chicago market because it thinks I am in Naperville, Illinois. What do I need to do to get the address correct?

by Lotus Notes (Posts: 1) » about 9 months ago

My IP location was correct. Totally satisfied with the results.Thanks!

by Drew Binsky (Posts: 1) » about 9 months ago

Contact your ISP and let them know about the incorrect geolocation. They might have more knowledge to provide to update the geolocation databases they utilize.

by Manuel Stewart (Posts: 1) » about 9 months ago

I noticed the IP will probably be logged every time you visit. Can see the change should need confirmation. Thanks for the detailed explanation to make it easier to understand how it works